These Educator terms & Conditions were last updated on Tuesday, March 26th, 2019.
Any version of these Educator Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
As an Educator, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You will be responsible for all of Your Submitted Content. You further agree that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and the authority to authorize EdCaptain, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of Your Submitted Content on and through the Services in the manner contemplated by these Educator Terms;
- No Submitted Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services You offer on Your Content and through the Services;
- You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any User;
- You will not engage in any activity that will require EdCaptain to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with Company Content and/or the Services or operations thereof, except as permitted in these Educator Terms;
- You will not impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account;
- Your use of the Services are subject to EdCaptain’s approval, which We may grant or deny in Our sole discretion;
- You will not introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Services or operation thereof; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services;
- You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other Educators from providing their services or Content;
- You will maintain accurate Account information;
- You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and a third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these Educator Terms, as well as all other of Our terms and policies as shall be posted on Our Services from time to time, and will assume responsibility and liability for Your performance and compliance hereunder.
2. License to EdCaptain
You hereby agree that We may record, monitor and review all or any part of Content (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Services. You hereby grant EdCaptain permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
As an Educator, You submitted content is pro-bono and in the spirit of sharing your knowledge for free with the world. You will not be paid anything by EdCaptain. EdCaptain at its own discretion may decide to provide incentives (both financial and non-financial) to educators for quality content. Any revenue generated by EdCaptain through advertising or other means on the website, wholly belongs to EdCaptain and you do not have any claim over it.
4. Modifications to These Educator Terms
From time to time, We may update these Educator Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices, such as when We add new features, and EdCaptain reserves the right to modify and/or make changes to these Educator Terms at any time. If We make any material change We will notify You using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in Your Account or by posting a notice on Our Services. Other modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. If You continue to use the Services, after the effective date of any change, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the Educator Terms as changed. The revised Educator Terms supersedes all previous Educator Terms.