Senior Manager – Communications& Marketing at Charities Aid Foundation
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Apply by: June 14, 2019
Role and Responsibilities:
(A) Develop, implement, and evaluate Communication and Marketing Strategies
- Develop and implement integrated communication and marketing strategies for CAF India’s products and services: Employee Giving, Individual giving, Corporate CSR, Validation, Advisory, Research, Volunteering, diaspora fundraising, etc.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives
- Be the point person for all content-related requirements from various units within the organization and also for all client-related deliverables.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate communication &marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
- Devise new revenue-generating ideas: create and implement new initiatives, analyze cost/benefits to make the MarComm unit a self-sustainable department.
- Prepare pitches for BD, Program, Validation etc. and prepare go-to-market strategy for new products.
- Grow the organization as a specialist in managing sustainable communication and outreach activities.
- Plan and manage cause-based campaigns/appeals to facilitate fundraising.
- Plan promotional materials, email blasts, and other marketing materials for market penetration.
- Identify strategies to reach new audiences and generate business leads.
- Support and drive fundraising for Humanitarian Response.
- Manage and market Hub & Spoke model for Communication Management.
(B) Strategic Partnerships and Engagement
- Managing the customer journey (customer relationship management).
- Identify communication opportunities by identifying donor requirements; competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
- Provide communication advisory support to clients.
- Provide and network with organizers of relevant forums, including nominating clients as Speakers of important events to help build their profile.
- Lead on significant tie-ups with fundraising opportunity.
- Provide branding benefits to the organization through strategic positioning of the organization in relevant forums, summits, etc.
(C) Social Media Management
- Manage all content on the website to reflect all the products and services are strategically positioned, and to generate leads through high website traffic.
- Manage content on all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google +, Instagram.
- Design and manage campaigns by providing all content and innovative ideas to make the campaign successful.
(D) Brand management
- Help make sure that the organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization transmitting the organization’s values, vision and direction.
- Plan and implement marketing collaterals. Ensure all external communication pieces contain a consistent brand image and will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace.
- Ensure articulation of organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
- Coordinate the appearance of organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
(E) Public Relation Management
- Serve as the primary contact for all media inquiries and selectively coordinate interviews with key publications.
- Manage and market Media Fellowship programme.
- Grow CAF India’s database of industry-specific national and international media contacts.
- Track coverage of press releases and other publications written by/about CAF India and generate board reports of coverage.
- Stay informed of market drivers and industry trends identified through competitor and news monitoring.
- Nominate the company and members of the management team for relevant awards.
(F) Thought Leadership and External Representation
- Proactively seek out opportunities to represent CAF India externally in India on issues relating to strategic and effective giving, philanthropy, corporate community investment and social investment and social impact.
- Represent CAF India at various national and international forums in the fundraising and corporate philanthropy space.
- Build linkages with Government / Ministries / Department to grow the profile of the organization and enhance scope of leveraging the relationship to benefit organization.
- Manage and build Thought Leadership profile through nominating senior management for speaking slots.
- Identify and nominate organization and client’s social initiatives for credible and acclaimed awards.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
(G) Event Management
- Conceptualize and execute events including planning and budgeting, etc.
- Manage and ensure the smooth execution of events – Conceptualizing the theme and flow of events – managing end-to-end logistics before and on the day of the event.
- Manage and execute outreach to speakers, guests, the press, etc.
- Supervise/create collateral required for the event – Communicate the outcome of the event to different stakeholders – the press, speakers, attendees, clients, etc.
- Assist other members of the team with events planning, social media/website management, marketing campaigns and other tasks as needed.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Graduate/Postgraduate in mass communication/journalism/marketing/business management.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in media/corporate sector.
- Strong marketing acumen and analytical skills.
- Experienced in managing campaigns.
- Extremely strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience overseeing then design and production of print materials and publications.
- Experience of developing and managing a diverse set of relationships.
Skills and Competencies
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Exposure to both the private sectors companies and non-profits.
- Entrepreneurial skills with strong commercial skills and a passionate belief in delivering impact.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the gravitas to represent CAF at the highest levels within companies and governments and to speak publicly and confidently about philanthropy to corporates and at events.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality written outputs.
- Flexibility to travel and to attend meetings outside of normal working hours.
How to apply? Send Your CV to email@example.com with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation along with the notice period.
About the organization: Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India is a leading international not-for-profit organization, which works to make giving more effective and charities more successful. It is part of an international network with offices in nine countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Russia, South Africa and the United States of America and distributes funds to over 90 countries around the world. In India it is a registered charitable trust set up in 1998 to provide strategic and management support to corporates, individuals and NGOs with an aim to ensure greater impact of their philanthropic and CSR investments.
For further details about CAF India, please visit http://www.cafindia.org