International Education Industry Expert at Washington Business Dynamics [United States] [October 18, 2019]
Location: United States
Apply by: October 18, 2019
Description: WBD is seeking an Industry Expert focused on the Education sector for Long Term Technical Assistance (LTTA) on the USAID Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Support Mechanism. The Education Industry Expert will assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Agency policies, strategies, and programming that focus on using the education sector to engage private investment in support of both Agency and host country priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an expert resource for USAID Mission technical and program officers in order to support field-led private sector engagement missions. Maintain and disseminate institutional and historical knowledge about USAID’s previous work mobilizing private finance for development as it relates to the Education sector.
- Provide strategic and technical direction to USAID Missions on how to empower post-secondary institutions to improve workforce skill development, including strengthening their capability to provide additional services to their students to complement their academic education with extra-curricular activities that are directly and indirectly linked to their competitiveness in the labor market.
- Design and/or assist in designing interventions focused on the integration of development finance into Education sector activities, including discrete training sessions that meet existing Agency competencies and proficiencies for sector backstops.
- Assess the possibility of private sector involvement in the project, and assess any activities that the project introduces to increase private sector participation in the Education sector.
- Assist with the development of tailored monitoring and evaluation plans to assess training impact in order to further policy implementation – at the individual and institutional levels.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Minimum years of experience: At least ten years (10+) of experience in Education sector development projects, with at least five (5+) years of experience working with USAID Missions
- Minimum education/degree requirements: Master’s Degree in education, business, or finance
- Familiarity with USAID’s Financing Self-Reliance and Private Sector Engagement initiatives
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Eligible to work in the US
About the Organization: Founded in 2012, Washington Business Dynamics (WBD) is a specialty management consulting firm focused on delivering impactful solutions for our broad portfolio of U.S. federal and international customers. We work with our clients as partners to achieve institutional change, enhance operational performance, and build sustainable processes that deliver exceptional results. https://www.wbdynamics.com/