International Consultant at World Bank Group [Armenia] [July 29, 2019]
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Apply by: July 29, 2019
Description: The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Education Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the provision of technical assistance for providing methodological support to working groups on the revision of subject standards and curricula of Humanities (Languages, Arts, Physical and Personal development) and Social Sciences disciplines and development of training modules. It is expected to hire an Individual Consultant for carrying out the assignment, as mentioned above. The following activities are to be carried out by the selected Consultant:
- Get acquainted with recent developments in the education system of Armenia.
- Review the draft National Curriculum;
- Review the results of the need assessment for reviewing general education state standards and curriculum conducted by the consulting firm in the scope of the EIP.
- Conduct workshops for WGs members:
- introducing best international practices and latest trends in the development of education programs, standards, and syllabi,
- providing the working groups with necessary materials, literature, and information,
- discussing the problems and issues revealed by the need assessment study,
- presenting ways and methods of developing subject curricula by considering the new student competencies’ requirements, giving more attention to critical and analytical thinking skills, ensuring alignment of the content of curricula and standards with the new challenges for education prompted by the knowledge economy, etc.,
- Provide input to the curriculum review process by advising the appropriate methodology to be applicable locally and in cooperation with the working group members make a decision on its application.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Advanced degree in the area of Education, or related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the education sphere.
- International experience in working with education development projects for at least seven years;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning and facilitation skills.
- Sufficient experience in curriculum development;
- Academic track record/publications on the topics of curriculum development;
- Knowledge of the local context (culture, administrative system, government organization), cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Experience of working in Armenia or other FSU countries would be an advantage.
About the organization: The World Bank, a member of the World Bank Group, is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Our mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results and to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors. https://www.devbusiness.com/