Individual Consultant: Ensuring Coordination of Activities on Early Education and Care at UNICEF [Romania] [August 26, 2019]
Apply by: August 26, 2019
Description: Consultancy services for ensuring coordination of all activities carried out at county and local level in the field of early education and care
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure overall coordination of 11 local teams and 3 county facilitators working for the implementation of the “Romania Grows with You” model;
- Facilitate the needs analysis process and development of local strategies and action plans focused on ECEC, so that all the programmatic and strategic documents developed under the umbrella of the “Romania Grows with You” project are complementing educational strategies developed at county level and are integrated into future programmatic initiatives endorsed by county stakeholders;
- Provide technical support and methodological guidance on ECEC for all school units covered by the model;
- Organize meetings with county coordinators every 2 months in order to discuss progress and monitor results, based on a grid of indicators previously discussed;
- Ensure a proper communication flow between all partners at local/county level and UNICEF team;
- Participate in training, workshops and events organized under the umbrella of the “Romania Grows with You” project;
- Ensure follow up of the capacity building program involving school units covered by the model;
- Dissemination of information related to the ECEC intervention at local, county level and national level;
- Provide support for baseline collection and the development of the impact evaluation of the model.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- University studies in the field of educational sciences or social sciences;
- Solid experience in the field of early education and care policies development and implementation at county level;
- Proven experience in the field of capacity building programs in education;
- Solid understanding of educational processes and working experience with tools and methodologies currently used in early education at the level of Bacau County;
- Proven ability to work harmoniously with different external institutions and to incorporate different viewpoints;
- Similar completed assignments are an advantage.
- Fluent knowledge of Romanian is required.
About the Organization: UNICEF is out to change the world for children vaccination by vaccination, blanket by blanket, biscuit by biscuit, book by book. In most of America, these things are considered completely ordinary. But in many parts of the developing world, they can save a child’s life. UNICEF is unique among world organizations and unique among those working with young people. As a global movement, we use our authority to influence decision makers and diverse partners to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. In 155 countries and territories, UNICEF’s field staff uses hard-won expertise to meet the challenges facing children and those who care for them. Our history has given us a profound understanding of development and the importance of child health, education, equality and protection in advancing humanity. All that we do helps children realize their full potential. In support of UNICEF’s work, the U.S. Fund for UNICEF focuses on five major priorities: education, emergencies, HIV/AIDS, immunization and malnutrition. https://www.unicef.org/