Individual Consultant: Education Specialist at Asian Development Bank [Philippines] [October 10, 2019]
Apply by: October 10, 2019
Description: The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) has requested the Asian Development Bank (ADB) support a review of the National System of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the Philippines. The review shall assess accomplishments and challenges of the national TVET system in relation to current and future labor market dynamics, national and regional economic developments and investment plans, and towards contributing to policy targets of the Philippine Development Plan, national education policies, industry roadmaps and labor and employment policies.
Role and Responsibilities:
The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide a discussion on the structure and management of the Philippine education sector;
- Review recent policy, legal and program developments in the Philippine education sector, including implications of major reforms such as the K to 12 basic education program and the adoption and operationalization of the Philippine Qualifications Framework.
- Provide a synthesis of government education priorities across subsectors and its relevance and implications to skills development and the TVET system in particular.
- Provide a discussion of the status and implications of recent reforms in basic, higher and TVET education to the TVET subsector.
- Identify current, emerging, and potential institutional issues that affect efficient coordination among key education agencies and other critical government agencies, and seamless functioning of the education system, with focus on the TVET subsector.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in the Philippine education sector, in the areas of policy formulation and analysis, program reform and implementation, subsector management, institutional development, and preparation of technical and analytical reports;
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, economics, social sciences, policy analysis, or other associated areas
- Knowledge of the legal framework, institutional structure, and inter-relationship of the subsectors (i. e., basic education, TVET, and higher education) of education in the Philippines;
- Considerable experience in education reform in the Philippines, particularly the recent K to 12 basic education reform and the Philippine Qualifications Framework;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Filipino.
About the Organization: ADB is an international development finance institution whose mission is to help its developing member countries reduce poverty and improve the quality of life of their people. Headquartered in Manila, and established in 1966, ADB is owned and financed by its 67 members, of which 48 are from the region and 19 are from other parts of the globe. ADB’s main partners are governments, the private sector, nongovernment organizations, development agencies, community-based organizations, and foundations. Under Strategy 2020, a long-term strategic framework adopted in 2008, ADB will follow three complementary strategic agendas: inclusive growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration. https://www.adb.org