Expert on Development and Implementation of the Teacher Training Programme at UNDP [Georgia] [October 17, 2019]
Apply by: October 17, 2019
Description: The consultant is expected to reach out German language teachers in seven regions districts of Abkhazia. As of completion of the capacity-building events, beneficiaries are expected to develop competencies in teaching and learning of German as a Foreign Language as well as build the synergy and cooperation between language teachers of all districts in Abkhazia through the establishment of teacher’s network.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of the programme agenda for the 2-day workshop with a range of partners and stakeholders engaged in the area of school level German Language teaching and learning in Abkhazia;
- 2-day workshop with a range of partners and stakeholders engaged in the area of school level German Language teaching and learning in Abkhazia;
- Development of strategy on implementation of the Teacher Training Programme (including the training agenda, power point presentations for each module and hand-outs);
- Conducting of 4 on-site training events (2 times two training module) for GFL teachers of school level in all regions of Abkhazia
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Humanities, Education and Social Science or related field (minimum requirement: Master’s degree – 7 points; Ph.D. – additional 3 points).
- At least 5 year working experience in the area of Education, including technical assistance in foreign languages or relevant courses (minimum requirement: 5 years – 18 poitns; more than 5 years -additional 4 points (depending on nature of expertise, relevance, international nature of work etc.), more than 10 years- additional 3 points);
- Experience in writing education, foreign language teaching/learning related courses and program curriculum;
- Technical expertise on development of (in-service) Teachers Training Programs;
- Written and analytical skills to conduct comprehensive analysis and produce papers, concepts, briefs and reports;
- Experience in teaching using a variety of methods, including traditional classroom and interactive teaching methods;
- Experience in conducting professional development teacher training events for language teachers;
- Work experience in countries of the former Soviet Union is an asset; Experience in specificity of instruction of foreign languages in Russian speaking countries is a strong asset; Work experience in education in conflict affected areas is an asset;
- Recorded track of at least 1 similar mission carried out as an international consultant/expert is an asset (minimum requirement: 1 training event conducted – 3 points; more than 1 conducted – additional 2 points).
- Proficiency in both German and Russian languages. Candidates not fluent in Russian language will not be considered for this assignment.
About the Organization: The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home.html