Education Specialist, Technical Committee on Education at UNDP [Cyprus] [October 17, 2019]
Apply by: October 17, 2019
Description: The production of new educational material is important because it will gather for the first time quality educational materials-based on principles of the Council of Europe and UNESCO-that promote peacebuilding, intercultural dialogue, human rights education, and anti-racist education in both communities. Some of this material already exists but it is scattered and unorganized; other has to be created from scratch. This project will mobilise existing knowledge and expertise across both communities to put together a pilot package of lesson plans that will constitute the basis for further work in the future.
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of Programme and Communications Analyst and direct supervision of the ?CE, the education consultants will;
- Create new and gather existing educational material for all educational levels
- Review the materials and indicate how they fit in relation to existing curricula and how they correspond to existing objectives
- Supervise their translation in Turkish, Greek, and English
- Collaborate with a professional webpage developer to create a trilingual webpage, and monitor the webpage (uploading materials, monitoring the interest)
- Reach out and encourage teachers to send their own educational materials
- Examine the received material and suggest or make appropriate edits or changes
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- A. or higher degree in education, history, sociology, anthropology or political science.
- Specialization in multi-cultural education, peace education, human rights education, anti-racist education or any other related field is an asset.
- Experience of minimum 12 months in multi-cultural education, peace education, human rights education, anti-racist education or any other related field.
- Experience in developing educational/learning materials.
- Knowledge of the Cypriot context and previous experience working in bi-communal projects is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Turkish is mandatory.
About the Organization: The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. https://www.undp.org/