Consultant: Education at UNICEF
Apply by: June 10, 2019
Description: The Roster of Education Consultants, once in place, will allow education colleagues to select three or more potential candidates from the roster for further appraisal and selection of one candidate, rather than going through a formal advertisement process for each consultancy assignment. This process will expedite the placement of consultants (both short term and long term) and provide the supervisor the scope to choose from a vast pool of potential candidates with education background. The database will be managed centrally by Supply & Procurement (S&P) section, New Delhi. In this context, should the currently on-board consultants with UNICEF be interested in future opportunities, they can apply to the roster for future considerations.
Education section in consultation with S&P section will decide on the need and frequency of updates to the Roster. If the Supervisor feels that appropriate candidates are not available in the list, the regular formal engagement process can be resorted to.
Required Eligibility and Experience:
- Education: Masters in Education/ Social Sciences or relevant social science degree
- Technical knowledge: Excellent technical knowledge about Education programing in India at both national and state levels, and familiarity with the government education system and national flagship programs SSA, RMSA and others
- At least 3 years progressive experience working in Education sector. This may include experience in early childhood education, special programs for out-of-school children, programming on girls education, quality education, teacher education, community mobilization, data management and analysis; education planning, monitoring and evaluation; documentation and report writing;
- Language: Fluency in English and Hindi is required. Candidates with knowledge of other Indian regional languages will be preferred for the states with prominent languages other than Hindi and English. Good negotiation and influencing skills supported by excellent communication and presentation skills is desirable.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office and its application, internet, e-mail. Ability to use computer software i.e. MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint, online data bases, and Internet programs
- Knowledge of EMIS Systems, data bases, monitoring and evaluation tools and Basic Knowledge of statistics, computation and analysis. Working knowledge on analysis package will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to advocate effectively with national state and district level officers of counterpart and other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental and civil society organizations.
- Experience in implementing projects and programmes will provide added value
About the organization: UNICEF is out to change the world for children vaccination by vaccination, blanket by blanket, biscuit by biscuit, book by book. In most of America, these things are considered completely ordinary. But in many parts of the developing world, they can save a child’s life. UNICEF is unique among world organizations and unique among those working with young people. As a global movement, we use our authority to influence decision makers and diverse partners to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. In 155 countries and territories, UNICEF’s field staff uses hard-won expertise to meet the challenges facing children and those who care for them. Our history has given us a profound understanding of development and the importance of child health, education, equality and protection in advancing humanity.